Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where we came from


As a stay home mom to 3 children I am always on the look out for unique toys, clothes and gifts. It doesn't matter if its for me, my children or friends and family, I much prefer to support another mom, dad or local business. I try to avoid going into box stores to get anything that I can. Well in my quest to find new and unique things I have found the world of wahm's (work at home moms), myself being one of them now and I want to do something to spotlight them. So it came to me, lets have a blog of reviews and giveaways to help get the word out about all the other wahm's in the world. Lets get handmade items in the hands of more people and get them to realize that there is more out there than you will find at the big box stores.
I am going to start this blog with items that we have around our home that I have gotten for my family. I am going to give reviews for you to see that these items are as good or better than anything that is mass produced.
You too will see that with the love that is put into these items they will soon be your favorites and you too will be searching out more wahm made things to fill your home with. Some items will be loved for years to come and be able to be passed down from generation to generation. Other items will help the environment in more ways than one, be it keeping paper products out of the landfill, using less or no pesticides on products when they are grown to be used, or just supporting local rather than getting your items made in other countries.

I hope you will stay with me as I start my journey of wahm made goodies! And keep your eyes out for giveaways that will be posted as we have them to post!

No comments: