Sunday, November 23, 2008

Desert Blooms

When I was gifted this yarn I knew it had to be something special but I didn't know what at that time so I put it away. About a month later I found out I was pregnant with my third baby. Ohh I knew then, it had to be a sleep sack for the baby.
So I contacted Bridgette from Desert Blooms to knit it up for me. Now if you have never seen something knit by Bridgette you are missing out because she puts a lot of detail into each and everything she makes. It is hard to see in the pictures but at the bottom of the sleep sack and the base of the hat she used an adorable decorative stitch to make it stand out. I had her make it long as my babies are not usually on the small side and I am glad that I did. When ds was born he was able to be up inside of it nicely and as he grew I was able to pull it down at the waist to make it last longer. Sadly he has outgrown it now but for the time we had it, it was well loved.
Know the knitting by Bridgette is some of the best you can find, you would not be disappointed if you gave your 100% creative freedom and let her go at it as she just has a way with making things that are super special. So take a look or send her an email to see if she is available for a custom spot because every little one needs at least one piece of wool from Bridgette.
Desert Blooms

No comments: